Program Management for Improved Business Results
April 2007, ©2007
1. Demystifying Program Management.
2. The Business Case for Program Management
3. Aligning Programs with Business Strategy.
Program Management in Practice: LorryMer IT.
4. Managing the Whole Product.
PART II. MANAGING THE PROGRAM.
5. The Program Team.
6. Program Definition and Planning.
7. Program Execution.
8. Program Processes.
Program Management in Practice: The Budica Program.
PART III. PROGRAM MANAGEMENT METRICS AND TOOLS.
9. Program Management Metrics.
10. Strategic Program Management Tools.
11. Operational Program Management Tools.
Program Management in Practice: Using Tools on a Mercedes.
PART IV. THE PROGRAM MANAGER.
12. Program Manager Roles and Responsibilities.
13. Program Manager Core Competencies
Program Management in Practice: Spotlight Corp.
PART V. ORGANIZING FOR PROGRAM MANAGEMENT.
14. Transitioning to Program Management.
15. The Program Management Office.
Program Management in Practice: Trust Corporation.
PART VI. INDUSTRY EXAMPLES.
Appendix A. American Shogun
Appendix B. ConSoul Software
Appendix C. Planet Orbitz
Final Thoughts on Program Management.
Russ J. Martinelli is the manager of program management methodologies at Intel Corporation and a recognized expert in the field. He is also the chairman of Intel's global Program Management Community of Practice, an adjunct professor at the University of Phoenix, and the cofounder of the Program Management Academy (www.programmanagement-academy.com).
James M. Waddell, former director of program management for Tektronix, is currently an independent consultant in his fields of expertise: program management and M&A. He has held a wide spectrum of management positions, has been a speaker at numerous nationwide conferences, and is the cofounder of the Program Management Academy (www.programmanagement-academy.com).