AIChE Equipment Testing Procedure: Continuous Direct-Heat Rotary Dryers: A Guide to Performance Evaluation, 3rd Edition
Continuous Direct-Heat Rotary Dryers, Third Edition is the latest text in the AIChE Equipment Testing Procedure series. This new edition continues to provide chemical engineers, plant managers, and other professionals in the chemical process industries with helpful advice about performance evaluation.
This text is an indispensable procedural guide with universal applications. With test results computed in both conventional and SI units, this handy resource provides standardized methods, real-world numbers for computer simulations and designs, and a variety of equipment testing practices based on theory, practical experience, and technical know-how. Continuous Direct-Heat Rotary Dryers contains:
- Two introductory chapters that review dryer descriptions, mechanics, and terms
- One section devoted to test planning, including testing conditions, dryer material and heat balances, and test preparation
- Six chapters that discuss rotary dryer instruments and various methods of measure
- Two sections-for a total of seven chapters-dedicated to computation and interpretation of results
In addition to its methods and techniques, this AIChE resource also contains valuable appendixes for nomenclature, sample problem-SI units, sample problem-English units, and general reference. With its engineer-tested procedures and thorough explanations, Continuous Direct-Heat Rotary Dryers is an essential text for anyone engaged in implementing new technology in equipment design, identifying process problems, and optimizing equipment performance.
2. Definitions and Description of Terms.
3. Test Planning.
4. Instruments and Methods of Measurement.
5. Test Procedure.
6. Computation of Results.
7. Interpretation of Results.