Handbook of Plastic Processes
Handbook of Plastic Processes is the only comprehensive reference covering not just one, but all major processes used to produce plastic products-helping designers and manufacturers in selecting the best process for a given product while enabling users to better understand the performance characteristics of each process.
The authors, all experts in their fields, explain in clear, concise, and practical terms the advantages, uses, and limitations of each process, as well as the most modern and up-to-date technologies available in their application.
Coverage includes chapters on:
- Injection molding
- Compression and transfer molding
- Sheet extrusion
- Blow molding
- Foam processing
- Reinforced plastics processing
- Liquid resin processing
- Rotational molding
- Reaction injection molding
- Compounding, mixing, and blending
- Machining and mechanical fabrication
- Assembly, finishing, and decorating
Each chapter details a particular process, its variations, the equipment used, the range of materials utilized in the process, and its advantages and limitations.
Because of its increasing impact on the industry, the editor has also added a chapter on nanotechnology in plastics processing.
1. Injection Molding (Peter F. Grelle)
2. Assisted Injection Molding (Steve Ham)
3. Sheet Extrusion (Dana R. Hanson)
4. Thermoforming (Scott Macdonald)
5. Blow Molding (Norman C. Lee)
6. Rotational Molding (Paul Nugent)
7. Compression and Transfer Molding (John L. Hull)
8. Composite Processes (Dale A. Grove)
9. Liquid Resin Processes (John L. Hull and Steven J. Adamson)
10. Assembly (Edward M. Petrie).
11. Decorating and Finishing (Edward M. Petrie and John L. Hull).
12. Polymer Nanocomposite Processing (Nandika Anne D'Souza, Jo Ann Ratto, Ajit Ranade, Will Strauss and Laxmi Sahu).
"…there is an abundance of information on a wide variety of topics within this volume." (IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, July/August 2008)
"If you are interested in plastic processing or develop molding processes, you would find this book very useful." (IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, September-October 2007)
"...a worthwhile book to have on the shelf for both the novice and the skilled plastic processor." (CORROSION, May 2007)
"Recommended…for those seeking an introductory qualitative description of any of these various plastics processing operations." (CHOICE, January 2007)