Historic Preservation Technology: A Primer
PART 1: PROCESS OVERVIEW.
Chapter 1 Overview.
Chapter 2 Health and Life Safety.
Chapter 3 Building Pathology: Investigation, Analysis, and Assessment.
PART 2: BUILDING MATERIALS.
Chapter 4: Wood.
Chapter 5: Masonry.
Chapter 6: Concrete.
Chapter 7: Architectural Metals.
PART 3: BUILDING FABRIC.
Chapter 8: Roofing.
Chapter 9: Exterior Wall Cladding.
Chapter 10: Windows.
Chapter 11: Entrances and Porches.
Chapter 12: Storefronts.
PART 4: BUILDING ORNAMENTATION AND FINISHES.
Chapter 13: Floors.
Chapter 14: Walls and Ceilings.
Chapter 15: Art and Stained Glass.
Chapter 16: Wood Carving and Millwork.
Chapter 17: Decorative and Flat Plaster.
Chapter 18: Protective and Decorative Finishes.
PART 5: SPECIAL TOPICS.
Chapter 19: Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning Systems.
Chapter 20: Building Service Systems.
Chapter 21: Lighting and Electrical Systems.
Chapter 22: Sustainability.
Appendix A: Secretary of the Interior’s Standards.
Appendix B: Historic Preservation Technology Resources.
Illustrates adaptive re-use as a means to bring modern amenities to historic structures, whether through the use of modern building systems or application of the latest building codes
- Addresses every likely challenge, including life safety and accessibility issues, seismic upgrades, as well as considerations of sustainability
- Covers all aspects of the exterior and interior building fabric, including windows, roofing, doors, porches, and the electrical and mechanical systems for both residential and small scale commercial buildings
- Vastly illustrated with photographs showing typical elements of historic buildings, decay mechanisms, and remediation techniques
- Combines sustainable design principles with historic preservation technologies
- Case studies show real-world examples of rehabilitation projects throughout the United States
"Young…has done a really great job with the task he set out to do. His coverage of the subject is very comprehensive in nature." (ARBA, June 2008)
"The book covers all aspects of the exterior and interior buliding fabric...Richly illustrated with photographs...a variety of useful case studies" ( Listed Heritage Magazine, September)
Historic Preservation Technology: A Primer (US $80.00)
Total List Price: US $179.00
Discounted Price: US $134.25 (Save: US $44.75)