This authoritative book consolidates a wealth of information into one single source so the reader can compare, select, and integrate a material solution as needed. After an introductory overview that encompasses emerging trends in polyolefin composite research and development, it covers polyolefin microcomposites, polyolefin nanocomposites, and advanced polyolefin nano and molecular composites. With chapters contributed by leading experts from several countries, it:
Covers several aspects of polyolefin composites such as processing, morphological characterization, crystallization, structure and properties, and performance evaluation at micro and nano structural levels
Delves into processing, covering in-situ reactive blending, functionalization, compatibilization, and addition of micro- or nano-sized inorganic or organic additives of natural or synthetic origin having different functional capabilities to improve performance and/or to aid processing
Details modeling and simulation, engineering performance properties, and applications
Describes the latest developments in nano-structured polyolefin composites, such as polyolefin/clay nanocomposites, polyolefin nano fiber composites, polyolefin/carbon nano tube composites, and more
This is a practical, hands-on reference for polymer engineers and scientists conducting research on polyolefin composites, professionals in construction, transportation, and other industries using specialized structural materials, and graduate students studying polymer science and engineering.
2. Polypropylene Natural Cellulosic Fiber Composites (Robert A. Shanks ).
3. Polyolefin/Natural Fiber Composites (Laly A. Pothan, Adriaan S. Luyt, and Sabu Thomas).
4. Composites and Nanocomposites of Polyolefins and Some Blends of Polyolefins/PA6 as Matrices and CaCO3, Wood Flour, Sisal Fiber, Hydroxiapatite and Montmorillonite as Fillers.(Carmen Albano and Rosestela Perera).
5. Ethylene Propylene Diene Rubber/Carbon Black Composites (Soney C. George and Sabu Thomas).
6. Selected Topics on Polypropylene/Wood Flour Composites: Thermal, Mechanical and Time Dependent Response (María M. Reboredo, Mirta. I. Aranguren, and Norma E. Marcovich).
7. Deformation and Fracture, Behavior of Natural Filler Reinforced Polypropylene (Celina Bernal).
8. Metallocene Catalyzed Functionalized Polyolefins in Composites (Ulla Hippi, Noora Ristolainen, Barbro Löfgren, and Jukka Seppälä).
9. Preparation and Properties of Polyethylene/Layered silicate (Yuan Hu, Hongdian Lu, and Lei Song).
10. Polypropylene/Clay Nanocomposites (Xuehong Lu, Ke Wang, and Yang Choo Chua).
11. Layered Double Hydroxide (LDH)-Polyolefin Nanocomposites. Preparation, Structure and Properties (José Ignacio Velasco).
12. Effect of NanoFillers on Crystallization, Phase Transformation and Thermo-Mechanical Behavior of Poly(1-butene) (Santosh D. Wanjale and Jyoti P. Jog).
13. Towards Polyethylene Nanocomposites with Controlled Properties (Yvonne A. Akpalu).
14. Fracture Behavior of Polyolefin-Silicate Nanocomposites (Sie Chin Tjong).
Advanced Polyolefin Nano and Molecular Composites.
15. Polyolefin-Clay Nanocomposites: Theory and Simulation (Anna C. Balazs, Jozef Bicerano, and Valeriy V. Ginzburg).
17. Characteristics of Multi-Wall Carbon Nanotube and Polyethylene Composites Prepared by Gelation/Crystallization from Solutions (Masaru Matsuo, Yuezhen Bin, Qingyun Chen, and Atsuko Yamanaka).
18. Crystallization Behavior of Polyethylene/Carbon Nanotube Composites (Lingyu Li, Bing Li, Steve L. Kodjie, and Christopher Y. Li).
19. Formation of Shish-kebab Structures in Ultra-high Molecular Weight Polyethylene/Polyethylene Composites Under Shear flow (Toshiji Kanaya, G. Matsuba and K. Nishida).
20. Template Crystallization of Ultrahigh Molecular Weight Polypropylene Induced by Chain Orientation of Co-crystallized Ultrahigh Molecular Weight Polyethylene (Rockliffe St. John Manley and Thein Kyu).
Domasius Nwabunma is a research specialist at 3M with expertise in polymerprocessing. He holds three patents, has authored numerous well-cited journal papers,and has been a speaker at various conferences. He is a senior member of the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) and a member of the American Chemical Society (ACS) and the Polymer Processing Society (PPS). He has received many awards and honorsand has held many leadership positions. His most recent leadership post was as Presidentof the Upper Midwest (S22) Section of the Society of Plastics Engineers. THEIN KYU is a Distinguished Professor in the Department of Polymer Engineering at the University of Akron. He has written 180 refereed papers and book chapters, holds four patents, and coedited Liquid-Crystalline Polymer Systems, an ACS symposium book.
Polyolefin Composites (US $202.95)
-and- Hyperbranched Polymers: Synthesis, Properties, and Applications (US $155.95)
Total List Price: US $358.90
Discounted Price: US $269.17 (Save: US $89.73)