Photonics and Lasers: An Introduction
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- Unlike other texts, this book treats both photonics and lasers
- Two tiered approach in which various chapters and parts of chapters are identified as appropriate for an introductory course, with remaining parts being optional or appropriate for a two semester course
- Book is suitable for students who prefer physical rather than mathematical understanding and have some trouble with abstract thinking (no knowledge of PDEs required, nor upper-level physics)
- Book has enough mathematical detail that a solid physical understanding can be achieved, but at the same time limiting the mathematical complexity
- Solutions Manual for instructors offers complete solutions to all problems in the book (available from editorial department)