Identification of Cleaner Production Improvement Opportunities
This new publication consists of the following five sections:
* Section I: The relationships among cleaner production, waste, cleaner production analyses, and their business values
* Section II: How to develop a cleaner production program
* Section III: The data requirements and data analyses for the opportunity identification step
* Section IV: The opportunity identification step
* Section V: How to assess and rank the best ideas
Industry expert and chair of AIChE's Environmental Division, Kenneth Mulholland introduces methodology in this manual that has been used to identify process improvement opportunities for more than fifty processes, including pharmaceutical intermediates, elastomer monomers and polymers, polyester intermediates and polymers, batch processes such as agricultural products and paints, chlorofluoro-hydrocarbon and chlorocarbon processes, and specialty chemicals and waste water treatment facilities. With no product changes or new technology necessary, these process improvements have produced a 200 percent internal rate of return and reduced waste generation by 40 percent to 50 percent.
Section I: Cleaner Production and Waste.
Section II: Waste Stream Selection.
Section III: Preparation for Opportunity Identification.
Section IV: Opportunity Identification.
Section V: Opportunity Evaluation and Final Report.
Appendix A: Forms and Handouts.
Appendix B: Chemical Plant Final Report.
Identification of Cleaner Production Improvement Opportunities (US $96.95)
-and- Pollution Prevention: Methodology, Technologies and Practices (US $267.00)
Total List Price: US $363.95
Discounted Price: US $272.96 (Save: US $90.99)