Inside the House of Money: Top Hedge Fund Traders on Profiting in the Global Markets
"The ruminations of supposedly hush-hush hedge fund operators are richly illuminating." --New York Times
1. Introduction to Global Macro Hedge Funds by Joseph G. Nicholas (HFR Group).
2. The History of Global Macro Hedge Funds.
3. The Future of Global Macro Hedge Funds.
4. The Family Office Manager: Jim Leitner (Falcon Management).
5. The Prop Trader: Christian Siva-Jothy (SemperMacro).
6. The Researcher: Dr.Andres Drobny (Drobny Global Advisors).
7. The Treasurer: Dr. John Porter (Barclays Capital).
8. The Central Banker: Dr. Sushil Wadhwani (Wadhwani Asset Management).
9. The Dot-Commer: Peter Thiel (Clarium Capital).
10. The Floor Trader:Yra Harris (Praxis Trading).
11. The Pioneer: Jim Rogers.
12. The Commodity Specialist: Dwight Anderson (Ospraie Management).
13. The Stock Operator: Scott Bessent (Bessent Capital).
14. The Emerging Market Specialist: Marko Dimitrijević (Everest Capital).
15. The Fixed Income Specialists: David Gorton and Rob Standing (London Diversified Fund Management).
16. The Currency Specialist:Anonymous.
Appendix A: Why Global Macro Is the Way to Go by Dr. Lee R.Thomas III.
Appendix B: A Note to Investors about Global Macro.
Steven Drobny is the founder of Drobny Global Asset Management, a full-service asset management, investment advisory, and consulting firm focused on global macro and commodity hedge fund strategies. He is also the author of the critically acclaimed The Invisible Hands: Top Hedge Funds on Bubbles, Crashes and Rethinking Real Money (Wiley) and Inside the House of Money: Top Hedge Fund Traders on Profiting in the Global Markets (Wiley). Please visit www.drobnycapital.com for more information on Mr. Drobny and his books.
"It's a fantastic book, both in content and execution." (Bloomberg News)
"Steven Drobny has been able to do something that few others have, especially in the media: He got hedge fund managers to share their trade secrets." (InstitutionalInvestor.com)
"...useful for anyone who has entrusted their money to funds operating in the sector...an insight into the way in which some of the best performing global macro managers think about the world they invest in and how they have amassed their fortunes." —Financial Times, (Los Angeles Times, June 4, 2006)
"[Steven Drobny] uses this access to present a series of fascinating interviews with more than a dozen managers representing a broad spectrum of investment thinking." (Financial Times)
"a good start in understanding what the new global micro manager is all about." (Lipper HedgeWorld)
"Couldn't come at a more appropriate time…sheds more light than ever on the minds behind the largest global macro funds…reveals the intricacies of thinking like a hedge fund manager." (Forbes)
"Drobny has a Rolodex that's the Wall Street equivalent of Wilt Chamberlain's little black book…he has used its power to help craft the absorbing Inside the House of Money. Think Market Wizards – only full of guys who aren't either dead or irrelevant." (Trader Monthly)
"For the investor, the trading strategies described in the interviews are chock-a-block with detail, and can serve as a starting point toward navigating hedge funds… more interesting are the stories of how these traders got where they are today… goes a long way toward enlightening those who aspire to enter." (Financial World Magazine)
"...eye opener..." (NYSSA)
"...must read..." (Futures Magazine)
"...engaging..." (Active Trader)
"written an intelligent analysis of the current hedge fund climate" (Pensions World, September 2006)
"Corporate finance managers are taking the message of the book on board." (CFO Europe, September 2006)