SAP Foreign Currency Revaluation: FAS 52 and GAAP Requirements
-Kalpesh Khandhadia, SAP Consultant, Linksoft-IT Inc.
"Following the process presented in this book, we eliminated the hours we spent each month manually reviewing and adjusting our global currency financial statements. Thank you Susanne Finke, for making this complicated topic understandable!"
-Ron Roberts, Process Lead, Financial Systems, Hollister Inc.
"It's great to see all the foreign currency information captured in one place and spelled out so clearly. Great job!"
-Nadean L. Moore, SAP FI Consultant, Moore Consulting
"This SAP Foreign Currency Revaluation book . . . covers the necessary SAP tables and transactions for revaluation and provides excellent examples of the SAP entries. A well-written book."
-Dave Paz, SAP Consultant, DLP Consulting LLC
With essential information on the proper rules and regulations needed to comply with FAS 52, SAP Foreign Currency Revaluation: FAS 52 and GAAP Requirements is a valuable reference for controllers, CFOs, IT and accounting managers, and SAP consultants who are involved in FAS 52 compliance projects, regardless of whether their companies are using SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, or proprietary software.
Its detailed coverage of statutory requirements, business execution of currency revaluation in SAP, and SAP configuration walks readers through:
* The U.S. accounting statutory requirements, net income, organizational, and financial consolidation impacts
* An overview of currency revaluation with discussion of stock transfer and tax implications
* FAS 52 requirements for currency exchange rates and translation
* Corporate standards for G/L indicators that are impacted by currency revaluation
* Three methods available to execute currency revaluation and their differences
* One of the newer ways the SAP R/3 software provides users to execute currency revaluation
* The SAP configuration to implement currency revaluation
* Setting up custom variants to view the critical fields used in the currency revaluation
1. U.S. Accounting Requirements.
2. Sap Revaluation Overview.
3. G/L Account Indicator Impact.
4. Revaluation without Valuation Areas.
5. Revaluation with Full Valuation Areas.
6. Revaluation with ONE Valuation Area.
7. Common Revaluation Configuration.
8. Valuation Variant Set Up.