Gene Therapy Technologies, Applications and Regulations: From Laboratory to Clinic
* surveys many of the current technologies for preparing vectors for use in gene therapy protocols
* reviews the application of gene-mediated therapies to a range of medical conditions
* considers the regulatory aspects of gene therapy including product quality and safety requirements
* appraises the transfer of technologies from laboratory to clinic with regard to the attendant requirements and facilities for:
* good laboratory practice (GLP) conditions in the R&D laboratory
* large-scale production methods and good manufacturing practice (GMP)
* current in-process and final product testing
Written by international experts knowledgeable about many aspects of human somatic gene therapy, this book will be an essential guide for those embarking on gene therapy technologies relevant to specifications of production and testing of products (and procedures) required to meet existing regulations, including quality, efficacy and safety considerations.
DNA Condensation and Receptor-mediated Gene Transfer (A. Ziady & T. Ferkol).
Retroviral Vectors (W. GŁnzburg & B. Salmons).
Lentiviral Vectors (A. Lever).
Adenoviral Vectors (S. Connelly).
Adeno-associated Viral Vectors (T. Flotte & B. Carter).
Advances in Engineering HSV Vectors for Gene Transfer to the Nervous System (M. Soares, et al.).
Mammalian Artificial Chromosomes: Prospects for Gene Therapy (T. Ebersole & C. Farr).
Gene Therapy for Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (A. Thrasher, et al.).
Gene Therapy for Haemophilia (R. Hoeben, et al.).
Cystic Fibrosis: Gene Therapy Approaches (N. Caplen).
Therapeutic Approaches to Haemoglobinopathies (Y. Beuzard).
Gene Therapy Approaches to Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (S. Murphy & G. Dickson).
Lysosomal Storage Diseases (L. Lashford, et al.).
Prospects for Gene Therapy of HIV Infections and AIDS (C. Lee, et al.).
The Developemnt of the Regulatory Process in Europe for Biological Medicines: How it Affects Gene Therapy Products (A. Meager, et al.).
Developement and Regulation of Gene Therapy Drugs in Germany (K. Cichutek).
The Transfer of Technology from the Laboratory to the Clinic: In Process Controls and Final Product Testing (F. Borellini & J. Ostrove).
Good Laboratory Practice in the Research and Development Laboratory (A. Shepherd).
Facilities for Large-scale Production of Vectors Under GMP Conditions (J. Boyd).