Introductory Digital Signal Processing with Computer Applications, 2nd Edition
June 1998, ©1998
".it will serve as a reference book in this area for a long time" (Review of Revised Edition in Zentralblatt f?hematik (Germany))
Firmly established over the last decade as the essential introductory Digital Signal Processing (DSP) text, this second edition reflects the growing importance of random digital signals and random DSP in the undergraduate syllabus by including two new chapters. The authors' practical, problem-solving approach to DSP continues in this new material, which is packed up by additional worked examples and computer programs.
The book now features:
* fundamentals of digital signals and systems
* time and frequency domain analysis and processing, including digital convolution and the Discrete and Fast Fourier Transforms
* design and practical application of digital filters
* description and processing of random signals, including correlation, filtering, and the detection of signals in noise
In editions printed before 2009, a free PC disk is packaged with the book, containing programs in C and equivalent PASCAL. These can also be found here on the Related Websites page. Typical results and graphic plots from all the programs are illustrated and discussed in the main text. The overall approach assumes no prior knowledge of electronics, computing, or DSP. An ideal text for undergraduate students in electrical, electronic and other branches of engineering, computer science, applied mathematics and physics. Practising engineers and scientists will also find this a highly accessible introduction to an increasingly important field.
Frequency-Domain Analysis: The Discrete Fourier Series and the Fourier Transform.
Frequency-Domain Analysis: the z-Transform.
Design of Nonrecursive Digital Filters.
Design of Recursive Digital Filters.
The Discrete and Fast Fourier Transforms.
Random Digital Signals.
Answers to Selected Problems.
- Includes new and improved software that illustrates the techniques described in the book, thus helping the reader to understand and appreciate important topics in DSP.
- Includes new material on Random Digital Signals and Random DSP, thus enhancing the book's value as an introduction to the fundamentals of DSP and its applications.
- New complexity ranking of chapter sections, providing greater accessibility for the reader.