Medical Biofilms, Detection, Prevention and Control
* This will be the first book dedicated to medical biofilms.
* It will cover much recent information on the problems of biofilms, how to detect them and how to control their presence.
1. Microbial Biofilms in Medicine (J, Jass, S. Surman and J. Walker).
2. Biofilms Associated with Medical Devices and Implants.
Problems of Biofilms Associated with Medical Devices and Implants (R. Donlan).
Pathogenesis and Detection of Biofilm Formation, on Medical Impants (C. von Eiff and G. Peters).
Control of Biofilms Associated With Implanted Medical Devices (P. Gilbert, et al.).
3. Microbial Adhesion and Biofilm Formation on Tissue Surfaces.
Biofilm-related Infections on Tissue Surfaces (S. Wai, Y. Mizunoe and J. Jass).
Interaction of Biofilms with Tissues (M. Olson, H. Ceri and D. Morck).
Control of Microbial Adhesion and Biofilm Formation on Tissue Surfaces (G. Reid, et al.).
4. Dental Plaque and Bacterial Colonization of Dental Materials.
Dental Plaque and Bacterial Colonization (D. Spratt).
Detection of Microorganisms in Dental Plaque (D. Dymock).
Control of Dental Plaque (R. Sammons).
5. Biofilms Past, Present and Future–New Methods and Control Strategies in Medicine (J. Walker, S. Surman and J. Jass).