Children's Reading Problems: Psychology and Education
January 1991, Wiley-Blackwell
1. What is the Problem?.
2. Getting the Evidence Right.
3. Is there a Deficit?.
4. Awareness of Sounds and Reading.
5. Does the Way Backward Readers Read and Spell Reflect the Way they Think?.
6. Dyslexia, Dyslexia's.
7. Two Ways of Teaching Backwards Readers.
8. The Two Methods in Practice.
‘This is a heartening and illuminating book. The authors, from the Department of Psychology in Oxford, write in a direct and good-humoured style and are aiming to reach parents and other professionals in addition to teachers and psychologists.’ – R. M. Harvey, Education<!--end-->