Market Dynamics and Entry
April 1992, Wiley-Blackwell
2. Entry Rates and Market Penetration.
3. Models of Entry.
4. Entry and the Short Run Dynamics of Prices and Margins.
5. The Empirical Analysis of Barriers to Entry.
6. Entry, Efficiency and Productivity.
7. Entry and Industry Evolution.
- New research is synthesized with a comprehensive survey of existing work
- Empirically orientated, combining case studies and econometric studies
- The author is internationally recognized as pre-eminent in this area.
"Paul Geronski's Market Dynamics and Entry is a thoughtful analysis of an important question in economics. It is an insightful contribution to a small but rapidly growing literature that examines issues of market structure, conduct and performance as they evolve over time. It is a very good book." Dennis C. Mueller, Professor of Economics, University of Maryland at College Park