Public Sector Economics, 4th Edition
January 1991, Wiley-Blackwell
- A thoroughly revised edition of the standard UK text in the area
- All statistics bought up to date
- A wealth of new material, particularly on taxation
2. The Economic Rationale of the Modern State.
3. The Economic Analysis of Public Goods.
4. Collective Choice.
5. Theoretical and Empirical Analysis of Public Expenditure Growth.
6. Public Expenditure and Taxation in the UK.
7. Budgets, Bureaucrats and Efficiency.
8. Project Appraisal.
9. Fiscal Decentralization.
10. Taxation: An Introduction.
11. Partial Equilibrium Analysis of Taxation I: Taxes on Single Industries.
12. Partial Equilibrium Analysis of Taxation II: Modelling the Effects of Tax Policy.
13. General Equilibrium Analysis of Taxation.
14. Optimal Income Taxation.
15. Distribution of Income in the UK.
16. Income Taxation.
17. Income Taxation and the Work/Leisure Choice.
18. Measures to Reduce Poverty.
19. Taxation and the Consumption/Savings Choice.
20. Taxation of Goods and Services.
21. Taxation of Corporations.
22. Taxation of Wealth.
P. M. Jackson is Professor of Economics and Director of the Public Sector Economics Research Centre at the University of Leicester. He is author of The Political Economy of Bureaucracy (1982) and Implementing Governemnt Policy Initiatives: The Thatcher Administration 1979-1983 (1981) and with S. T. Cook, Current Issues in Fiscal Policy. He edits the annual Public Domain which is published by the Public Finance Foundation.