Times of Bede: Studies in Early English Christian Society and its Historian
September 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Written by the late Patrick Wormald, one of the leading authorities on Bede’s life and work over a 30-year period, this book is a collection of studies on Bede and early English Christian society.
- A collection of studies on Bede, the greatest historian of the English Middle Ages, and the early English church.
- Integrates the religious, intellectual, political and social history of the English in their first Christian centuries.
- Looks at how Bede and other writers charted the establishment of a Christian community within a warrior society.
- Features the first map of all known or likely early Christian communities in England.
- Includes plans and illustrations of the finest early Christian church in England at Brixworth.
- An appendix considers Bede’s treatment of St. Hilda, the first great English female saint.