The Peoples of the Middle Niger: The Island of Gold
October 1998, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
List of Figures.
List of Maps.
1. Riches Beyond Lucre, The Island of Gold.
2. The Dry Basins of the Middle Niger.
3. Historical Imagination: 4100 BP.
4. Peoples of the Four Live Basins.
5. Historical Imagination: 300 BC.
6. Penetration of the Deep Basins.
7. Historical Imagination: AD 400.
8. Prosperity and Cities.
9. Historical Imagination: AD 1000.
10. The Imperial Tradition.
11. Historical Imagination: AD 1472.
12. Epilogue: Resilience of an Original Civil Society?.