Language Acquisition: A Linguistic Introduction
August 1991, Wiley-Blackwell
The book is extensively illustrated with models and figures, and each chapter is followed by questions for discussion and suggestions for further reading. It also includes a full bibliography.
1. Introduction: Linguistics and Language Acquisition.
2. Phonological Acquisition.
3. Morphological Development and Innovation.
4. The Acquisition of Syntax.
5. Further Aspects of Syntactic and Semantic Development.
6. Cognition, Environment and Language Learning.
7. Performance Development.