The Weyward Sisters: Shakespeare and Feminist Politics
October 1994, Wiley-Blackwell
1. The Interventions of History: Narratives of Sexuality: Jyotsna Singh.
2. The Ideology of Romantic Love: The Case of Romeo and Juliet: Dympna Callaghan.
3. Acts of Resistance: The Feminist Player: Lorraine Helms.
Lorraine Helms is a writer and performer, based in Santa Cruz, California.
Jyotsna Singh is Assistant Professor in the Department of English, Southern Methodist University, USA.
- Provides a fresh alternative to traditional Shakespeare studies, drawing on a range of feminist perspectives
- Clearly written and accessible to students and performers alike.
"This is a fresh book, which will have an invigorating effect on Shakespeare studies. Nothing quite like it exists, and I imagine a wide audience among Shakespeare scholars and students." Jean Howard, Columbia University