A Companion to the Study of History
July 1994, Wiley-Blackwell
1. History as Unity.
2. History as Action.
3. History as Outlook.
4. History as Discourse.
5. History as Knowledge.
6. History as Relic.
7. History as Event.
8. History as Sequence.
9. History as Theory.
10. History Transcended: Metaphysics, Marx, Myth and Meaning.
* Chapters are self-contained for ease of reference, though they form a logical whole.
* Uses relevant examples from contemporary history.
* Full reading guides follow each chapter.
* Author has undertaken comprehensive market research in Europe and the US to ensure the coverage is ideally suited to student needs.