Transaction Costs, Markets and Hierarchies
August 1993, Wiley-Blackwell
2. The Nature and Role of Markets: Malcolm Sawyer (University of Leeds).
3. In the Beginning there were Markets?: Frederick Fourie (University of the DFS, South Africa).
4. Control, Markets and Firms: Keith Cowling and Robert Sugden (University of Birmingham).
5. Transaction Costs and the Evolution of the Firm: Geoffrey Hodgson (Newcastle Polytechnic).
6. The Appropriability Critique of Transaction Cost Economics: Gregory Dow (University of Alberta, Canada).
7. Power and Efficiency in the Firm: Paul Marginson (University of Warwick).
8. Transaction Costs,... and Revenues: Michael Dietrich (Newcastle Polytechnic).
9. Transaction Cost Economics and the State: William Dugger (DePaul University, Chicago).
10. Markets, Hierarchies and Markets Again: Steve Thompson and Mike Wright (University of Manchester and University of Nottingham).
11. Markets, False Hierarchies and the Role of Asset Specificity: Neil Kay (University of Strathclyde).
12. On Transactions (Costs) and Markets and (as) Hierarchies: Christos Pitelis (University of Cambridge).
- Transaction costs economics is one of the fastest growing areas of economic analysis
- All the contributors are recognized experts in the field
- This volume represents the most up-to-date statement on the limitations of the theory.