Second Language Syntax: A Generative Introduction
February 2001, Wiley-Blackwell
List of Tables.
1. A Framework for Studying Second Language Syntax.
2. The Second Language Acquisition of Grammatical Morphology.
3. The Second Language Acquisition of Negation and Verb Movement.
4. The Second Language Acquisition of Word Order.
5. The Second Language Acquisition of Subjects, Objects and Other Participants in Clauses.
6. The Second Language Acquisition of Nominal Phrases.
7. Constraints on Syntactic Representations and Second Language Acquisition.
8. The Construction of a Theory of Second Language Syntax: Some Issues and Controversies.
- Offers step-by-step explanations of some of the major findings of research in second language acquisition.
- Evaluates existing theories of second language syntactic knowledge and development.
- Focuses on the role that the innate language faculty plays in second language acquisition.
- Includes extensive exercises and suggestions for further reading.
<!--end-->"This is a fine text. The material is well-chosen and presented in an accessible and engaging manner. The exercises add utility and interest. Moreover, the author's unassuming authorial voice and lack of dogmatism make the book a valuable contribution." Margaret Thomas, Boston College
Second Language Syntax: A Generative Introduction (US $163.95)
-and- Learning English as a Foreign Language For Dummies (US $33.99)
Total List Price: US $197.94
Discounted Price: US $148.45 (Save: US $49.49)