European Human Resource Management: An Introduction to Comparative Theory and Practice
October 1996, Wiley-Blackwell
Written by experts from Britain, Denmark, Germany, France, The Netherlands, Spain and Sweden, the book explores whether there is a single, shared conception of HRM which transcends national boundaries. It shows how such factors as cultural values, the industrial relations system, the leagl system and systems of education influence the ways in which the employment relationship is structured and concieved.
List of Contributors.
1. Introduction: The Cultural Relativity of Human Resource Management: Is There a Universal Theory?: Timothy Clark and Geoff Mallory (both The Open University).
2. Denmark: Human Resource Management under Collective Bargaining: The Sociological Perspective: Steen Scheuer (Copenhagen Business School).
3. France: Hesitant Innovation: The Recent Evolution of Human Resources Management in France: Alan Jenkins and Gilles van Wijk (both Ecole Superiere des Sciences Economiques et Commerciales (ESSEC, Paris).
4. Germany: Human Resource Management in Germany: Christian Scholz (University of Saarland, Saarbrucken).
5. Great Britain: HRM in Great Britain: A Case of Fundamental Change, Facelift or Facade?: Christopher Mabey (The Open University) and Paul Iles (Liverpool John Moores University).
6. The Netherlands: The Dutch Business System and Human Resource Management: Marielle Heijlties, Arjen van Witteloostuijn and Sebastiaan van Diepen (all University of Limburg).
7. Spain: Spain in the Context of European Human Resource Management: Josep Baruel (Escola Superior d'Administracio i Direccio d'Empressas (ESADE), Barcelona).
8. Sweden: The Fate of Human Resource Management in a "Folkish" Society: Johan Berglund and Jan Lowstedt (Stockholm School of Economics).
9. Conclusion. HRM: A Unified Understanding or Multiplicity of Meanings?: Timothy Clark (The Open University).
European Human Resource Management: An Introduction to Comparative Theory and Practice (US $69.95)
-and- Business Model You: A One-Page Method For Reinventing Your Career (US $27.95)
Total List Price: US $97.90
Discounted Price: US $73.42 (Save: US $24.48)