Religion and Gender
January 1995, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Gender and the Study of Religion: Ursula King.
Part I: Theoretical Reflections: .
1. The Epistemological Significance of Feminist Research in Religion: June O'Connor.
2. Feminist Anthropology and the Gendering of Religious Studies: Rosalind Shaw.
3. Religion and the Hermeneutics of Gender: Erin White.
4. Disputing the Sacred: Some Theoretical Approaches to Problems of Gender and Religion: Penelope Margaret Magee.
5. God and Gender: Some Reflections on Women's Invocation of the Divine: Morny Joy.
6. The Return of the Goddess: Psychoanalytic Reflections on the Shift from Theology to Thealogy: Naomi Goldenberg.
7. Religion and Magic in the Modern Cults of the Great Goddess: Donate Pahnke.
8. Spirituality, Consciousness and Gender Identification: A Neo-Feminist Perspective: Felicity Edwards.
Part II: Empirical Investigations:.
9. Women Researching, Women Researched: Gender as an Issue in the Empirical Study of Religion: Kim Knott.
10. A Question of Identity: Women Scholars and the Study of Religion: Ursula King.
11. Women's Studies of the Christian Tradition: New Perspectives: Kari Borresen.
12. Women and New Religious Movements in Africa: Rosalind I. J. Hackett.
13. Liberator or Pacifier: Religion and Women in Japan: Marilyn F. Nefsy.
Notes on Contributors.