Operating Environment: An Active Learning Approach
August 1995, Wiley-Blackwell
* The environmental factors affecting business activities.
* Business firms in markets.
Part I: The National Economic Context:.
1: The UK labour force.
2: The UK economic system.
3: The financial sector.
4: Economic policy.
5: Industrial policy.
Part II: Environmental Factors Affecting Business Activities:.
1: Social stratification.
2: Social welfare and state policy.
3: Technology and society.
4: The political process.
Part III: Business Firms in Markets:.
1: The competitive environment.
2: The legal regulation of business.
3: Regulatory agencies.
Part IV: Resources:.
1. 'Samsung plans #450 m UK plant'.
2. 'Fresh ferment for the brewers'.
3. 'The price police - the sleuthing skills of the EU's competition division'.
- Each of the workbooks is written at a level appropriate for a BTEC Higher National core module, and is directly linked to the new learning outcomes of the fully revised BTEC syllabus
- The materials have been designed to permit a paced progression through each module allowing for the individual learning style of each student, and delivering approximately 80 hours of fully supported learning
- Exercises and self-assessment techniques will regularly test the student's knowledge and case studies are built into the workbooks
- Comprehensive instruction is available for lecturers explaining how to integrate the material into existing or new courses
- All the materials are highly developed after intense review by panels of lecturers and student focus groups.