Religion, Modernity and Postmodernity
July 1998, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
1. Introduction: On Differentiation and Dedifferentiation: Paul Heelas (University of Lancaster).
2. Cathedrals to Cults: The Evolving Forms of Religious Life: Steve Bruce (University of Aberdeen).
3. Terminal Faith: Mark C. Taylor (Williams College).
4. Postmodern Religion? Zygmunt Bauman (University of Leeds).
5. Tradition, Retrospective Perception, Nationalism and Modernism : Ninian Smart (University of California at Santa Barbara).
6. From Fundamentalism to Fundamentalisms: A Religious Ideology in Multiple Forms: Bruce B. Lawrence (Duke University).
7. From Pre- to Postmodernity in Latin America: The Case of Pentacostalism: Bernice Martin (Royal Holloway College, London).
8. Secularization and Citizenship in Muslim Indonesia: Robert W. Hefner (Boston University).
9. Religion and National Identity in Modern and Postmodern Japan: Winston Davis (Washington and Lee University).
10. The Construals of 'Europe': Religion, Theology and the Problematics of Modernity: Richard H. Roberts (Lancaster University).
11. Post-Christianity: Don Cupitt (University of Cambridge).
12. Kenosis and Naming: Beyond Analogy and Towards Allegoria Amoris: Graham Ward (University of Cambridge).
13. Sublimity: The Modern Transcendent: John Milbank (University of Cambridge).
14. The Primacy of Theology and the Question of Perception: Philip Blond (University of Cambridge).
15. The Impossible: Kevin Hart (Monash University).