Decolonization and its Impact: A Comparitive Approach to the End of the Colonial Empires
January 2008, ©2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Decolonization and its Impact is a ground-breaking comparative study of decolonization from before the Second World War to the early 1960s.
- Compares key cases across the European colonial empires
- Focuses on the process and impact of decolonization at the level of the 'late colonial state' and of colonial societies
- Presents an original model of decolonization that seeks to reconcile imperial and nationalist perspectives
- Engages with important theoretical approaches
- Makes extensive reference to recent literature on the subject