Macroeconomics: Theory and Policy in the UK, 3rd Edition
April 1997, Wiley-Blackwell
- One of the few leading non US oriented texts for UK students
- Retains traditional methods of analysis but adds material on both new classical and Keynesian models
Part I: Macroeconomic Sectors:.
2. Aggregate Consumption Expenditure.
3. Aggregate Invesetment Expenditure.
4. The Government Sector.
5. The Demand for Money.
6. The Supply of Money.
7. The Labour Market.
Part II: Macroeconomic Systems:.
8. The Classical Economic System.
9. The Economics of Keynes.
10. The Hicksian IS/LM Analysis.
11. Comparative Statics of the Classical, Keynesian and Monetarist Models.
12. The Government Sector, The Budget Constraint and the Crowding Out Controversy.
13. Output, Employment, Expectations and the Price Level.
14. Internal and External Balance.
15. Monetary Disturbances, Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics. Part III: Macroeconomic Policy:.
16. The Macroeconomic Policy Debate.
17. Approaches to Macroeconomic Policy.
18. Macroeconomic Policy: Objectives, Instruments and Constraints.
19. Inflation and Counter-inflation Policy in the UK.
20. Unemployment in the UK.
21. Balance of Payments and Exchange Rate Policies in the UK.
22. Policies for Economic Growth in the UK.