Caring: Nurses, Women and Ethics
May 1997, Wiley-Blackwell
1. Two Nurses.
2. A History of Subservience.
3. Advocacy or Subservience for the Sake of the Patients?.
5. Women and Ethics -
Is Morality Gendered?.
6. Care Versus Justice : An Old Debate in New Clothes?.
7."Yes" to Caring - but "No" to a Nursing Ethics of Care.
8. Just Caring at the End of Life.
9. Nursing -
The Slumbering Giant.
* Provocative intervention in contemporary debates about voluntary euthanasia and assisted suicide.
* Provides comprehensive critique of the "Ethics of Care".
"Kuhse's book is a contribution to the professionalisation of the nurses and contributes also to the improvement of the ethical discourses regarding end-of-life discussions in clinical care." Marieke Janssen, Medicine, Health Care and Philosophy