The State of the Earth: Contemporary Geographic Perspectives
October 1997, Wiley-Blackwell
1. Geographical Thought Through the Ages: Prof. Horacio Capel, Barcelona.
2. Geographical Perspectives: Dr. Peter Gould.
3. Geographical Theories: Reginald G. Golledge.
4. Geographical Methodology: Prof. Alan M. Hay, Sheffield.
5. Human Transformation of the Earth's Surface and the Use (and Misuse) of Natural Resources: Prof. Neil Roberts.
6. Climatic Changes and the Future of the Human Environment: Dr. Vladimir M. Kotlyakov.
7. Environmental Hazards, Natural Disasters and Societal Responses: Prof. Susan Cutter.
8. The Global Challenge of Migrations and Rising Population Densities: Dr. H. Ramachandran, Mussoorie.
9. Market Forces, Cultural Factors and Locational Processes: Prof. David M. Smith.
10. Modes of Production and Areal Differentiation: Prof. Milton Santos.
11. Transportation, Trade, Tourism and the World Economy System: Prof Gabriel Wachermann.
12. Spatial Financial Flows and the Growth of the Modern Industrial City: Dr. Nigel Thrift.
13. The Information Revolution and Future Global Geography: Prof. Vladimir Tikunov.
14. Exploration, Mapping and the Modernization of State Power: Dr. Marcelo Escolar.
15. Spatial Planning and National Development: Dr. Maurice Daly, Australia.
16. Core-periphery Relations in the Era of Globalization: Bertha Becker, Rio De Janeiro.
17. Multinational Corporations and the Possible Demise of the Nation-state: Prof. Peter Dicken.
18. Geography in the Age of Megacities: Yeu-man Yeung.
The State of the Earth: Contemporary Geographic Perspectives (US $150.95)
-and- Towards Rethinking Brazil: A Thematic and Regional Approach (US $26.95)
Total List Price: US $177.90
Discounted Price: US $133.42 (Save: US $44.48)