The Reformation in Germany
March 2002, Wiley-Blackwell
1. Germany of the Eve of the Reformation.
2. Religious Culture and the Reformation.
3. The Reformation in the Parishes.
4. Political Culture and the German Reformation.
5. The Reformation Legacy.
6. Reformation Histories.
- Introduces students to the key issues of the Reformation in Germany.
- Provides an overview of all the recent work on this subject.
- Examines teh Reformation in its cultural and political context.
"In compact, lucid style, the author presents an impressive interpretation of the events, personalities, and issues that shaped the religious upheaval in Germany...Those who study and teach Reformation history will find this volume an excellent guide." Peter J. Klassen, California State University, Fresno
"It is a useful textbook, as the author writes authoritatively on the subject, and successfully summarizes complex arguments, bringing together a disparate body of material into a comprehensible and interesting account." Phillip Broadhead, Goldsmiths' College, London - English Historical Review, Vol. 118
"An impressive work of synthesis." Ecclesiastical History