A History of Ancient Greece
December 1999, ©1999, Wiley-Blackwell
1. The Greek World's Earliest Times.
2. The Archaic World.
3. The Classical Period.
4. The Classical Period: The Fourth Century.
5. The Hellenistic Period: The Balance Of Power: A World At War (281-220).
Pauline Schmitt-Pantel's is Professor at the University of Picardie Jules Verne. Her previous publications in English include A History of Women in the West: From Ancient Goddesses to Christian Saints (editor, 1992) and Religion in the Ancient Greek City (co-author, 1993).
* User-friendly in lay-out and organization.
* Takes into account the range of recent scholarship.
" ... presents both an elegant narrative and an interesting assessment of the Hellenistic world" Greece and Rome
"... innovative ... While the traditional 'glories' of Greek history - the classical period, the history of Athens - are excellently handled, this is not at the expense of less frequently covered terrain." Times Higher Education Supplement