Fractured Europe: 1600 - 1721
February 2002, ©2002, Wiley-Blackwell
List of Maps.
List of Illustrations.
1. The Context of 1600.
2. Central and Southern Europe: 1600-1635.
3. Central and Southern Europe: 1635-1648.
4. Western Europe: 1600-1660: Spain and France.
5. Western Europe: 1603-1660: Britain and the United Provinces.
6. Northern Europe: 1618-1660: Scandinavia, Russia and Poland.
7. Central and Southern Europe with the Ottoman Empire: 1660-1720.
8. Western Europe: 1660-1720: France and Spain.
9. Western Europe: 1660-1720: Britain the United Provinces and War.
10. Northern Europe: 1660-1721: Scandinavia, Russia and Poland.
List of Significant Dates.
- Organised around a narrative and geographical structure.
- Covers the history of Britain and Ireland as well as continental Europe.
- Contains illustrations, maps and other supporting material.
- Examines cultural as well as political and social history.
"Dr Sturdy has written an excellent introduction to seventeenth-century Europe for the student approaching the subject for the first time. He supplies in a lucid description the factual evidence essential to the formulation of thematic or analytical arguments about the period." Lionel K. J. Glassey, University of Glasgow
"Sturdy's book is organized around geographical regions (including the British Isles) with a break at 1660 to consider some themes... a comprehansive and factually accurate a narrative [which] is a considerable achievement. Sturdy is to be commended for producing a sound textbook, which must have been the product of much labour." Graham Derby, King Edward VI School, Southampton
Fractured Europe: 1600 - 1721 (US $61.95)
-and- Europe's Troubled Peace: 1945 to the Present, 2nd Edition (US $48.95)
Total List Price: US $110.90
Discounted Price: US $83.17 (Save: US $27.73)