Laws of the Markets
October 1998, Wiley-Blackwell
2. Title not yet available: Michel Callon: (Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines, Paris).
3. Does the State make the Market or the Market, the State? The Cosmologies of Railroad Kings in the United States and France: Frank Dobbin (Princeton University, USA).
4. The Proliferation of Social Currencies: V. Zelizer (Princeton University, USA).
5. Markets as Institutions: An Ethnographic Approach: Mitchel Abolafia (State University of New York).
6. The Contribution of Social Sciences to the Construction of Markets: The Case of Marketing: Frank Cochoy (Uiversiti de Toulouse).
7. Karl Polanyi Revisited: On the Great Transformation: Bruno Latour (Ecole des mines de Paris).
8. On the Constructions of Boundaries between the State and the Market: John Law (Keele University, UK).
9. The Politics of Industrial Policy and the Non-Market Governance Structure: The Case of Japan: Bai Gao (Duke University, USA).
10. How Economists Contribute to the Construction of Markets: The Case of the Cement Industry: Hervi Dumez and A. Jeunemaitre (Ecole Polytechnique, Paris).
11. Shifting Boundaries and Social Construction in the Early Electricity Industry 1876-1910: Mark Granovetter (Stanford University, USA).
12. Recombinant Property in Eastern European Capitalism: David Stark (Cornell University, USA).