Greening the Millennium?: The New Politics of the Environment
February 1998, Wiley-Blackwell
2. Politics in the Global Risk Society: Ulrich Beck (University of Munich).
3. Beyond Left and Right? Ecological Politics, Capitalism and Modernity: Ted Benton (University of Essex).
4. The Quality of Life: Social Goods and the Politics of Consumption: Michael Jacobs (Fabian Society).
5. Environmental Politics: The Old and the New: Jonathon Porritt (Forum for the Future).
6. Ecological Modernisation: Restructuring Industrial Economies: Andrew Gouldson (London School of Economics and Political Science) and Joseph Murphy (University of Hull).
7. Interpreting Sustainable Development: The Case of Land Use Planning: Susan Owens (University of Cambridge).
8. The Political Economy of Environmental Tax Reform: Stephen Tindale (The Green Alliance).
9. Environment, Risk and Democracy: Robin Grove-White (Lancaster University).
10. Using Science: Phyllis Starkey (Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council).
11. Making Environmental Policy: Derek Osborn.
12. Local Agenda 21: The Renewal of Local Democracy?: Stephen Young (University of Manchester).
13. Voluntary Associations and the Sustainable Society: Bronislaw Szerszynski (Lancaster University).
14. Public Opinion and the Environment: Robert Worcester (MORI).
15. Green Politics and Parties in Germany: Detlef Jahn (Nottingham Trent University).
16. Greening and Ungreening the Netherlands: Paul Lucardie (University of Groningen).
17. Prospects: The Parties and the Environment in the UK: Neil Carter (University of York).
* Lucid new analyses of key concepts and ideas.
* Comprehensive coverage of environmental politics in the UK in a European context.
"I would recommend Greening the Millennium to students and academics in geography, environmental studies, sociology, and political science, as well as to politicians, planners, policymakers, and indeed anyone with an informed interest in 'the environment'." B. Dodson, Queen's University
" This is one of the best assessments of the current state of the environmental debate and eco-politics in Britain which I have read for a long time! Jacobs brings together 17 top contributors from diverse backgrounds. Their analyses are competent, realistic and accessible and add up to a multi-dimensional overview...
" It is a major achievement of this volume that it picks up and critically reviews the major buzz-words, debates and strategies which currently dominate the eco-debate without reproducing either the presently widespread but arguably unjustified green optimism or the equally unjustified older eco-pessimism." Ingolfur Bluhdorn, University of Bath
Greening the Millennium?: The New Politics of the Environment (US $38.95)
-and- Reassessing New Labour: Market, State and Society under Blair and Brown (US $34.95)
Total List Price: US $73.90
Discounted Price: US $55.42 (Save: US $18.48)