Film Theory: An Introduction
February 2000, ©2000, Wiley-Blackwell
Robert Stam, renowned for his clarity of writing, will also include studies of cinema specialists providing readers with a depth of reference not generally available outside the field of film studies itself. Other material covered includes film adaptations of works of literature and analogies between literary and film criticism.
1. The Antecedents of Film Theory.
2. Russian Formalism.
3. The Question of Film Language.
4. The Presence of Brecht.
5. The Poststructuralist Mutation.
6. The Rise of Cultural Studies.
7. The Coming Out of Queer Theory.
8. Third World Cinema Revisited.
9. The Politics of Postmodernism.
10. Post Cinema: Digital Theory and the New Media.