A French Grammar Workbook
November 1998, ©1998, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Part I: Introduction: .
1. Phonetic Transription (1-3).
2. Use of Capital letters.
3. Syllabic Division and Pronunciation.
Hyphens, Accents, the Cedilla.
Part II: Basic Concepts and Technical Terms:.
6. Parts of Speech.
7. Phrases and Clauses.
8. Simple, Compound and Complex Sentences and their Functions.
Part III: Articles: .
9. The Definite Article.
10. Different uses of the Article in French and English.
11. Geographical Nmaes.
13. The Partitive Article.
14. De after Expressions of Quantity, Certain Verbs, Adjectives and Prepositions.
Part IV: Gender:.
15. Gender and Sex.
16. Gender By Category.
17. Place Names.
18. Gender by Ending.
19. Gender of Compound Nouns.
20. Same Form, Different Gender, Different Meaning.
Part V: Nouns and Adjectives: Feminine and Plural: .
22. The Feminine of Adjectives and the Plurals of Nouns + Adjectives.
23. Agreement of Adjectives.
24. Position of Adjectives.
Part VI: Adjectives and Adverbs: .
25. Adverbial Forms.
26. The Comparative and Superlative of Adjectives and Adverbs.
Part VII: Number:.
27. Numerals, Fractions, Decimals.
Part VIII: Pronouns and Pronominal Determiners: Personal Pronouns: .
29. Conjunctive Personal Pronouns.
30. The Position of Conjunctive Personal Pronouns.
31. Disjunctive Personal Pronouns.
32. Possessive Determinanats.
34. Demonstrative Determinants and Pronouns.
35. The Neuter Demonstrative Pronouns.
36. The Simple Demonstrative Pronoun.
37. C'est and Il est.
38. Relative Pronouns.
39. Interrogative Determinants and Pronouns.
40. Indefinite Adjectives, Adverbs, Determinants and Pronouns.
42. N'importe qui, etc; on.
43. Pareil, tel, quelconque.
44. Quelque, quelques, quel que.
45. Quelque chose, quelqu'un, quiconque, qui... qui, qui que ce soit.
46. Tout, etc.
Part VIII: Verbs:.
48. Verbal Morphology.
49. The Passive.
50. Negative and Interrogative Constructions.
51. Person and Number.
52. Present Tense.
53. Past Tenses: Imperfect, Preterite, Perfect.
54. Pluperfect, Past Anterior and Double Compound Tenses.
55. Depuis, il y a, voici, voilà...que.
56. Future Tenses.
57. The Conditional and Conditional Clauses.
59. The Present Participle.
60. The Past Participle.
61. The Subjunctive.
62. May, Might, Must, Ought, Should, Would.
63. The Imperative.
64. The Complement of Verbs.
65. Idioms with avoir, etre, faire.
Part IX: Sentence Structure and Word Order.
66. Position of Adverbs.
69. Inversion. Part X: Prepositions:. 71. Prepositions. 72. Government of Verbs by Prepositins. 73. Meaning and Use of Prepositions. 74. Prepositions Used with Adjectives and Past Participles. Part XI: Conjunctions. 75. Identification and use. Part XII: Appendix: . 76. Age. 77. Time of Day, Days of the Week, Months. 78. Duration and Periods of Time. 79. Price. 80. Dimensions. 81. Speed and Fuel Consumption. Key.
Part X: Prepositions:.
72. Government of Verbs by Prepositins.
73. Meaning and Use of Prepositions.
74. Prepositions Used with Adjectives and Past Participles.
Part XI: Conjunctions.
75. Identification and use.
Part XII: Appendix: .
77. Time of Day, Days of the Week, Months.
78. Duration and Periods of Time.
81. Speed and Fuel Consumption.