A Companion to American Literature and Culture
April 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- An expansive Companion, offering a set of fresh perspectives on the wealth of texts produced in and around what is now the United States.
- Highlights the diverse voices that constitute American literature, embracing oral traditions, slave narratives, regional writing, literature of the environment, and more.
- Demonstrates that American literature was multicultural before Europeans arrived on the continent, and even more so thereafter.
- Offers three distinct paradigms for thinking about American literature, focusing on: genealogies of American literary study; writers and issues; and contemporary theories and practices.
- Enables students and researchers to generate richer, more varied and more comprehensive readings of American literature.