Britain Since 1945
December 2002, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
General Editor's Preface. (Anthony Seldon).
Foreword. (The Hon. Raymond G. H. Seitz).
Part I: Government and Politics.
1. Foreign and Defence Policy. (Christopher Coker).
2. The Constitution, Government and Parliament. (Simon James).
3. The Political Parties. (Alan Sked).
4. From Commonwealth to European Integration. (Jonathan Hollowell).
5. Scotland: Cultural Base and Economic Catalysts. (James Mitchell) 6. Wales since 1945. (Kenneth Morgan).
7. Northern Ireland since 1945. (Henry Patterson).
8. The Currents of Political Thought. (Roger Eatwell).
9. The Civil Service. (Keith Dowding).
10. Local Government. (Nirmala Rao).
11. The Media. (Michael Bromley).
Part II: Society.
12. Social Trends, Structures, Values and Behaviour. (Arthur Marwick).
13. Women and Social Change 1945-1995. (Jane Lewis).
14. Cultural Change. (Jim McGuigan).
15. Education. (Anthony Heath).
16. Race Relations. (Shamit Saggar).
17. Health and Health Care. (Ray Fitzpatrick, Rebecca Surender and Tarani Chandola).
18. Science and Information Technology. (Jon Agar).
19. Pressure Groups. (Wyn Grant).
Part III: Economy.
20. Economic Policy. (Stephen Broadberry).
21. Employment and the Labour Market. (Duncan Gallie).
22. Industrial and Labour Relations. (Chris Wrigley).
23. Welfare State since 1945. (Helen Fawcett).