The World of Cities: Places in Comparative and Historical Perspective
January 2003, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
The World of Cities is a concise theoretical and empirical introduction to urban sociology. In clear and engaging terms, the book surveys and critiques all the major theoretical perspectives in urban studies.
- Provides a concise introduction to urban sociology.
- Uses clear and engaging terms.
- Surveys the main theoretical models of urban studies.
- Includes empirical data on contemporary cities and neighborhoods, and the impact of the world economy on city life.
- Features a discussion of the current reconstructive efforts of educational, political, and business leaders to improve cities and maintain their civic culture.