Epistemology: The Classic Readings
January 1999, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
2. Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Book I, 1-4 & 31 and Book II, 19.
3. Sextus Empiricus, Outlines of Pyrrhonism, Book I, 1-16 & 18-27.
4. The Book of Chuang Tzu, Chapter 2.
5. The Nyaya-Sutras, from Book I, Chapter I & Book II, Chapter 1, with Vatsyayana Commentary.
6. Nagarjuna, Vigrahavyavartani, 5-6, 30-51.
7. Rene Descartes, Meditations on First Philosophy I-III and Objections and Replies (Selections).
8.(A) John Locke, An Essay Concerning Human Understanding, Book I, Chapter 2, 1-24.(B) G. W. Leibniz, New Essays on Human Understanding, Preface.
9. David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, 12.
10. Thomas Reid, Essays on the Intellectual Powers of Man, Essay 6, Chapter 5.
11. Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason, Introduction.
(2nd Edition), I-VI.
12. Friedrich Nietzsche, On truth and lies in a nonmoral sense.
13. Charles S. Pierce, Some consequences of four incapacities (excerpt) and the fixation of belief.
14. Edmund Husserl, The Idea of Phenomenology, Lectures 1-2.
15. Bertrand Russell, Knowledge by acquaintance and knowledge by description.
16. Moritz Schlick, On the foundation of knowledge.
17. Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty, 1-42, 91-105, 192-284.