The Pursuit of Organizational Intelligence: Decisions and Learning in Organizations
January 1999, Wiley-Blackwell
2. Understanding How Decisions Happen in Organizations.
3. Continuity and Change in Theories of Organizational Action.
4. Institutional Perspectives on Political Institutions (with Johan P. Olsen).
5. Organizational Learning (with Barbara Levitt).
6. The Evolution of Evolution.
7. Exploration and Exploitation in Organizational Learning.
8. Learning from Samples of One or Fewer (with Lee S. Sproull, and Michal Tamuz).
9. Adaptive Co-ordination of a Learning Team (with Pertti H. Lounamma).
10. The Future, Disposable Organizations, and the Rigidities of Imagination.
11. The Myopia of Learning (with Daniel A. Levinthal).
12. Wild Ideas: The Catechism of Heresy.
13. Variable Risk Preferences and Adaptive Aspirations.
14. Variable Risk Preferences and the Focus of Attention (with Zur Shapira).
15. Learning to Be Risk Averse.
16. Model Bias in Social Action.
17. Organizational Consultants and Organizational Research.
18. Organizational Performance as a Dependent Variable (with Robert I. Sutton).
19. Science, Politics, and Mrs. Gruenberg.
20. Education and the Pursuit of Optimism.
21. A Scholar's Quest.
- Acts as a sequel to March's earlier Decisions and Orgainzations.
- Brings together the writings of one of the leading figures in the field of decision making and organizational theory.
- Reflects the shift in March's thinking and organizational theory generally.