The Counter-Reformation: The Essential Readings
October 1999, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Part I: Definitions: .
1. Catholic Reformation or Counter-Reformation?: Hubert Judin.
2. Counter-Reformation Spirituality: H. Outram Evennett.
3. Was Ignatius Loyola a Church Reformer? How to Look at Early Modern Catholicism: John W. O'Malley.
Part II: Outcomes:.
4. The Counter-Reformation and the People of Catholic Europe: John Bossy.
5. Reformation, Counter-Reformation, and the Early Modern State: A Reassessment: Wolfgang Reinhard.
6. How to Become a Counter-Reformation Saint: Peter Burke.
7. Little Women: Counter-Reformation Misogyny: Alison Weber.
8. The Thirty Years' War and the Failure of Catholicization: Marc R. Forster.
9. 'The Heart Has Its Reasons': Predicaments of Missionary Christianity in Early Colonial Peru: Sabine MacCormack.