The Logic of Culture: Authority and Identity in the Modern Era
December 2001, Wiley-Blackwell
Introduction: The Paradox of Culture.
1. The Roots of Cultural Logic.
2. Inventing Culture.
3. Instituting Culture.
4. Culture, Critique and Community.
- An original theory, considering culture as a grammar of subjectivity and identity.
- Focuses on material not examined in previous works of this kind - the novel as a genre, the newspapers of the French Revolution, the French Revolutionary debates on public education.
- Addressed to a general international audience.
"A tightly argued and coherent account of the conflicting impulses within culture, Ray's study will take its rightful place among the best recent work on the intricacies of culture." John C. O'Neal, Hamilton College
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Logic of Culture: Authority and Identity in the Modern Era (US $148.95)
Total List Price: US $163.90
Discounted Price: US $122.92 (Save: US $40.98)