Form and Matter: Themes in Contemporary Metaphysics
July 1999, Wiley-Blackwell
1. Form Without Matter (E.J. Lowe).
2. Farewell to Substance: A Differentiated Leave-Taking (Peter M. Simons).
3. A Return to Form in the Philosophy of Mind (John Haldane).
4. Mixing Matters (Kit Fine).
5. On the Unity of Compound Things: Living and Non-Living (Joshua Hoffman & Gary S. Rosenkrantz).
6. Sameness Without Identity: An Aristotelian Solution to the Problem of Material Constitution (Michael C. Rea).
- Collection of original papers by leading philosophers on issues at the forefront of current metaphysics.
Concise and fascinating overview of the way Aristotelian philosophy is being applied in exciting ways to contemporary problems.
Ideal introduction to some of the central issues in contemporary metaphysics.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Form and Matter: Themes in Contemporary Metaphysics (US $42.95)
-and- Developing Deontology: New Essays in Ethical Theory (US $35.95)
Total List Price: US $78.90
Discounted Price: US $59.17 (Save: US $19.73)