Roman Britain, 3rd Edition
June 1999, ©1999, Wiley-Blackwell
Preface to the Second Edition.
1. Discovery and the First Invasions.
2. Britain and the Britons.
3. The Claudian Triumph.
4. The Conquest of Lowland Britain.
5. Revolt and Conquest Renewed.
6. Britannia Perdomita.
7. The Frontier-Builders.
8. Propagator Imperii.
9. The Long Peace.
10. The Fourth-Century Diocese.
11. Nostro Diducta Britannia Mundo.
Notes, Bibliographies and Ancient Sources.
* Takes into account all the recent scholarship that has changed historians' interpretations of this period.
"Malcolm Todd has written a very readable short history, with the needs of students in mind. For a concise account of the events and developments during the four centuries of Roman Britain, this book will be found both useful and stimulating." Times Literary Supplement