Crown and Nobility: England 1272-1461, 2nd Edition
December 1999, Wiley-Blackwell
Preface to the Second Edition.
Preface to the First Edition.
A Note on Translations.
A Note on Money.
1. The Reign of Edward I, 1272-1307.
2. Edward II and Thomas of Lancaster, 1307-22.
3. The Abasement and Revival of the Monarchy, 1322-37.
4. The War with France, 1337-64.
5. Military Stalemate and Political Conflict, 1364-89.
6. Richard II and Henry of Lancaster, 1389-1413.
7. Henry V and the Dual Monarchy, 1413-35.
8. Lancaster and York, 1435-61.
Epilogue: New Perspectives, 1985-1999.
* Reveals how the personalities of individual rulers affected the political development of late medieval England.
* Includes revisions to text and bibliography and a new epilogue discussing recent historiographical developments.