The Metropolis and its Image: Constructing Identities for London, c. 1750-1950
February 2000, Wiley-Blackwell
2. Peripheral Visions: Alternative Aspects and Rural Presences in Mid-Eighteenth-Century London: Elizabeth McKellar (Birkbeck College, University of London).
3. 'Beastly Sights': the Treatment of Animals as a Moral Theme in Representations of London c. 1820-1850: Diana Donald (Manchester Metropolitan University).
4. London Bridge and its Symbolic Identity in the Regency Metropolis: The Dialectic of Civic and National Pride: Dana Arnold (University of Southampton).
5. Government and the Metropolitan Image: Ministers, Parliament and the Concept of a Capital City, 1840-1915: Michael Port (Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London).
6. Rebuilding 'The Heart of the Empire': Bank Headquarters in the City of London, 1919-1939: Iain Black (King's College, London).
7. Benjamin's Paris, Freud's Rome: Whose London?: Adrian Rifkin (Middlesex University).