Contemporary Chinese Philosophy
February 2002, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Preface: Chung-ying Cheng.
Introduction: Nicholas Bunnin.
Part I: Pioneering New Thought from the West:.
1. Liang Qichao's Political and Social Philosophy: Yang Xiao.
2. Wang Guowei: Philosophy of Aesthetic Criticism: Keping Wang.
3. Zhang Dongsun: Pluralist Epistemology and Chinese Philosophy: Xinyan Jiang.
4. Hu Shi's Enlightenment Philosophy: Hu Xinhe.
5. Jin Yuelin's Theory of Dao : Hu Jun.
Part II: Philosophizing in the Neo-Confucian Spirit:.
6. Xiong Shili's Metaphysics of Virtue: Jiyuan Yu.
7. Liang Shuming: Easten and Western Cultures and Confucianism: Yanming An.
8. Feng Youlan's New Principle Learning and His Histories of Chinese Philosophy: Lauren Pfister.
9. He Lin's Sinification of Idealism: Jiwei Ci.
Part III: Ideological Exposure to Dialectical Materialism:.
10. Feng Qi's Ameliorism: Between Relativism and Absolutism: Huang Yong.
11. Zhang Dainian: Creative Synthesis and Chinese Philosophy: Cheng Lian.
12. Li Zehou: Chinese Aesthetics from a Post-Marxist and Confucian Perspective: John Zijiang Ding.
Part IV: Later Development of New Neo-Confucianism:.
13. Fang Dongmei: Philosophy of Life, Creativity, and Inclusiveness: Chengyang Li.
14. Practical Humanism of Xu Fuguan: Peimin Ni.
15. Tang Junyi: Moral Idealism and Chinese Culture: Sin Yee Chan.
16. Mou Zongsan on Intellectual Intuition: Refeng Tang.
Recent Trends in Chinese Philosophy in China and the West: Chung-ying Cheng.
An Onto-Hermeneutic Interpretation of Twentieth-Century Chinese Philosophy: Identity and Vision: Chung-ying Cheng.