Teaching and Learning: The Essential Readings
May 2002, Wiley-Blackwell
1. Attaining Excellence Through Deliberate Practice: Insights from the Study of Expert Performance. (K. A. Ericsson).
2. Rhyme, Language and Children's Readering. (P. Bryant, M. Maclean and L. Bradley).
3. The Rebirth of Children's Learning. (R. Siegler).
4. Candy Selling and Math Learning. (G. B. Saxe).
5. Understanding Academic Performance at University. (N. J. Entwistle).
Part II Teaching.
6. On Becoming a Tutor: Toward an Ontogenetic Model. (D. Wood, H. Wood, S. Ainsworth and C. O'Malley).
7. Teacher Expectation: Implications for School Improvement. (C. Rogers).
8. An Exploration of Long-Term Far-Transfer Effects Following an Extended Intervention Program in the High School Science Curriculum. (P. Adey and M. Shayer).
9. Reconstructing Context: the Conventionalization of Classroom Knowledge. (D. Edwards and N. Mercer).
10. The Role of Assessment in a Learning Culture. (L. A. Shepard).
Richard Fox has recently retired after ten years as a lecturer and Senior Lecturer in Primary Education at The School of Education, University of Exeter
* Includes sufficient editorial material to help students gain an overview of the subject.
* Offers an ideal starting point for the exploration of key topics in educational attainment.